Bringing our community together
Get Your RUCK Out
Run/Walk for the Blue
Support the paws that enforce our laws. Our 5K Run/1Mile Walk is scheduled for November 5, 2023. Registration is OPEN 5/4/2023.
On The Right Track 🐾s
- Every year, K9 Unit budgets are submitted to their departments. Most of these budgets get approved for the funding they need to keep these units strong and operational, however, approved budgeted funding, in many cases, is categorized as "General Allocation".
- When a dog gets injured or needs to be replaced, or when equipment fails, there simply isn't enough money in these budgets to offset the emergency costs.
- An appeal to get emergency funding by a department can take months, and there is no guarantee that the funding is even available.
- When a K9 needs an emergency surgical procedure, a heat alarm sensor fails, more security is needed in a govt. building, or more units are needed to handle the current narcotics crisis, funding is needed immediately.
- Chesapeake K9 Fund has a policy in place that mandates any item or K9 donated to a department is purchased from the Chesapeake K9 Fund and then that item or K9 is placed into the hands of the requesting department.
What We Do
We raise funds to support law enforcement K9 units and their efforts to protect our community.
Drug EnforcementCheasapeake K9 supplies K9 units with heat sensor alarms, SUV crates, bullet and stab resistant vests, and much more.
Missing PersonsWe provide thes K9 units with scent vacuums, training aids, deployment gear and more.
Explosive DetectionThese K9s sweep our stadiums, school, government municipal buildings, and many public events to keep our community safe.